iPhone OS 3

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

iPhone OS 3

Post by Nigel »

Some good updates in this one.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Santaria

Re: iPhone OS 3

Post by Santaria »

Nigel wrote:Some good updates in this one.
Like? The better half wants an iPhone, but MMS capabilities put me off. I heard it's now part of this update?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

copy and paste for one thing and mms stereo Bluetooth etc etc
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

It has MMS now, but I haven't noticed any real game changers for me. Its mostly just stuff that should have been there in the first place isnt it?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Damn right it should have been there in the 1st place. The iPhone will be my next phone, but after playing with one of the new ones, albeit it a test model for the T, it still isn't all it is cracked up to be imho.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
markus

Post by markus »

norbs wrote:Damn right it should have been there in the 1st place. The iPhone will be my next phone, but after playing with one of the new ones, albeit it a test model for the T, it still isn't all it is cracked up to be imho.
Still, nothing else comes even close to iPhone for usability. Best feature of my work e75 is that I can forward all my calls to my iPhone :D
Much cycling such kilometers.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i wanted one until my sister would always accidently ring me, i think the whole touch feature can have it's negatives as well. Problem is they are too big for me. It's like that milk ad, i just want milk that tastes like real milk, well i want a phone that just does phone stuff.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

w00dsy wrote:i wanted one until my sister would always accidently ring me, i think the whole touch feature can have it's negatives as well. Problem is they are too big for me. It's like that milk ad, i just want milk that tastes like real milk, well i want a phone that just does phone stuff.
Opposite for me.. the phone is just an added bonus to my mp3 player, mobile internet, gaming, thingymajig :)
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

And on the down side, the fuckers actually want $12.99 for the OS 3.0 on the iPod. That's just crap. I am off to, err, find it, some place else.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Nigel wrote:And on the down side, the fuckers actually want $12.99 for the OS 3.0 on the iPod. That's just crap. I am off to, err, find it, some place else.
Theres a reason for that but, otherwise this update like the rest would have cost iPhone users aswell (hit up Google for the answer). Anyways one big game changer is Bonjour. Automatic network setups for games and apps that use it, with the way its implemented is fantastic. Theres alot of stuff that the user wont see ie: security features, im guessing to directly target the Blackberry landspace.

I don't like how they have limited/allowed spotlight to do. It has so much more potential like what it does in OS X.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

wabbit wrote:
Nigel wrote:And on the down side, the fuckers actually want $12.99 for the OS 3.0 on the iPod. That's just crap. I am off to, err, find it, some place else.
Theres a reason for that but, otherwise this update like the rest would have cost iPhone users aswell (hit up Google for the answer). Anyways one big game changer is Bonjour. Automatic network setups for games and apps that use it, with the way its implemented is fantastic. Theres alot of stuff that the user wont see ie: security features, im guessing to directly target the Blackberry landspace.

I don't like how they have limited/allowed spotlight to do. It has so much more potential like what it does in OS X.
A quick google search led me to iphone people paying for it via their contracts or something. Still doesn't seem right to me. Who the hell charges for for what essentially is a patch!

Not that I care, it was free for me :D I dont see the $13 value for touch users though.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

"They have to charge for the update under Federal US law." something about subscription services don't apply. OS 3 (3.0.0) ain't no patch. You won't ever see the full features, unless you get an iphone 3G S. But hey atleast your get the new OS without having to get the new phone.
norbs

Post by norbs »

How big are the apps? Do I need 32gig? I won't be dumping loads of music on it as I already have an iPod.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Norbs narr 16GB is plenty really. Apps are from 150KB to 10-15MB normally, hey of course there are bigger ones in the 30-60MB range. I've got 67 Apps and 101 Podcasts (1 being 2.3GB) and i've still got 5.6GB free. Full capacity is 14.6GB. You'll carry the iPhone & iPod everyday? I would have thought you'd drop the iPod to be honest.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

norbs wrote:How big are the apps? Do I need 32gig? I won't be dumping loads of music on it as I already have an iPod.
Mate thats the idea of a device thats got 32GB.. Your iPod goes on ebay... the iPhone has one buit in.
eek
norbs

Post by norbs »

Nope. I want to be able to turn the bloody phone off and listen to music or audio books.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

norbs wrote:Nope. I want to be able to turn the bloody phone off and listen to music or audio books.
Thats what Airplane mode is for, bar actually being on one. It wont receive or connect to feck all. Takes only 2 finger taps aswell.
norbs

Post by norbs »

wabbit wrote:
norbs wrote:Nope. I want to be able to turn the bloody phone off and listen to music or audio books.
Thats what Airplane mode is for, bar actually being on one. It wont receive or connect to feck all. Takes only 2 finger taps aswell.
ahhh, was wondering if it had the "off air" mode. Goodo. I still think I will keep the iPod. It is 60gig and is chockers.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

u prob can on an iphone?? i know my fone i can turn off the actual reception etc and keep using it.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

It truly warms the cockles of the heart... it is official... The Aussie male is dead... gone are the days where a discussion on a Holley Carb, a set of extractors, a lumpy camshafts, some (Yella Terra) roller rockers and a detroit locker was all that was needed down the local over a few VB's to satisfy the male juices... :D

13 years ago somebody drilled some holes in my centre console to fit a phone kit into my car... now it is not possible to function on a daily basis with substandard levels of cut and paste functionality... where does it end... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
norbs

Post by norbs »

I disagree. The day of talking about holley carbs is dead, but the aussie male is still alive. This forum proves it. My grandfather would have said the same thing about his sons generation, and it will go on for ever. You have just turned into a cranky old man Bcup, its as easy as that! :)
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

Whoops, my mistake... the evolution of man... from how long it takes to go from Glenrowen to Benalla on a horse wearing steel armour, to how many horsepower your 350 Chevy has at the rear axle, to how many gigabytes your phone holds, and whether the user interface is below par... progress will not stop... :D

I may be a cranky old man, but you are a becoming a much better bait taker than in the past... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

norbs

Post by norbs »

bengatta wrote:Whoops, my mistake... the evolution of man... from how long it takes to go from Glenrowen to Benalla on a horse wearing steel armour, to how many horsepower your 350 Chevy has at the rear axle, to how many gigabytes your phone holds, and whether the user interface is below par... progress will not stop... :D

I may be a cranky old man, but you are a becoming a much better bait taker than in the past... :)
I tried. I had Macca bleating on about it today (well he mentioned it, which just added to the cumulative effect), then some old carnt at work whining when I used my phone to take a photo of a stack of bar codes on circuit boards. He wanted to hang around Dapto and write them out by hand. I was thinking about it driving home and lo and behold, the fucking big juicy bait was awaiting. Fucker! :lol:

by the way, my grandfather thinks anyone with a mobile phone is a wanker. In his eyes, there is no call in the world that you need to make whilst driving or walking down the street! The old bastard probably has a point. He is also of the opinion that a good fuck and a green apple will cure anything!
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

norbs wrote:and lo and behold, the fucking big juicy bait was awaiting. Fucker! :lol:
Now that warms the cockles of ones heart... glad I can bring you down a notch or two from such a pleasant day... :D

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

whats with the increased temperature of heart cockles? :D