Richard Burns Rally or Colin 2005?

General game chat
Takumi

Richard Burns Rally or Colin 2005?

Post by Takumi »

which would you choose for ps2? from what i've read RBR is a better simulation. anyone tried both? and if possible ps2 versions, because im sure PC versions look great, just wanna know if ps2 ones are similar
It's been nice, chaps.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

rbr if the pc versions are anything to go by :D
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

If you have a wheel then RBR, but it's very hard with a game pad. Even with a wheel it's hard. CMR5 is a little more forgiving.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

i bought RBR. its pretty difficult but nothing i cant master.

im a bit dissapointed with the ps2 versions visuals though, the game always seems to run at about 25fps.

and say you start a race and crash out on the first corner, if you go to restart it physically loads EVERYTHING again. every time.

hey, the track and the car is all in RAM, just put me back on the damn start line damnit!! spend too long looking at the loading screen :no:
It's been nice, chaps.
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

I played the PS2 version first before getting the PC version (simply because it was released earlier on the PS2). I hated the loading times on the PS2 - very frustrating. Graphics are far better too if you've a good system. PC version is far more moddable too with plenty of tweaks and tools to add value to the game.

It's definitely the best ever rally game so far as simulation goes. With a new online tool, just released today, that allows people to race against each other (haven't tried it yet) and another tool that will allow organised rallies against 40 people, there is much life left in RBR yet.

Colin McRae is just more of the same old stuff ... just more cars and cruddy physics.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Sounds interesting Piddy - where'd you here about that stuff? Having organised rallies would just be awesome. :tilt:
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

Both tools can be found mentioned in the BHMotors forums ...
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/board/viewforum.php?f=56

RBRnet 2.0 (just released) allows up to 12 people to compete at once ... haven't tried it so not sure how it works.

More promising to my mind is http://www.rbr-online.net/ where "40 and more" people can compete in a full rally. It's been privately tested and is now undergoing beta testing with more people so hopefully should see it available within the next couple of weeks.