Serious Web Design and Backend Programming

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
Robbo

Serious Web Design and Backend Programming

Post by Robbo »

Hi all,

I know there are a lot of talented people here at ARSE and I am doing some work for a company who are looking at some ground breaking technology. They need a web based application which allows users/customers to perform graphic design and be able to submit the completed artwork. Kind of like having a cut down version of Photoshop running from their web page. If there is anyone here with the skills to get involved, please throw a reply here and I'll put you in touch with the right people. From what I can gather, it will be a big project.

Cheers
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Serious Web Design and Backend Programming

Post by ysu »

I'd be interested to see if we have anyone who can do anything with such a project. It's no mean feat to create such a thing.
What technology do you guys plan to use? Flash or Java? (as these are the likely candidates).

What I can help you with, is that within our company we can do planning and project management if you're interested.
We may also be able to get java programmers, maybe even flash pros. (I'm neither, and we don't use these technologies, normally)

But you guys will need a friggen deep pocket, imho, to get this done, and you might need to cut back on the feature list due to technology limits...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Re: Serious Web Design and Backend Programming

Post by AstrO »

Apart from using pre-existing technologies like Java, flash, director shocwave, etc... have you thought about creating a browser plugin? Or even extending a technology like director shockwave through add-ons (xtras). But no matter which way you go its going to cost a fair bi