thems the brakes

CyclARSEts talk in here.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

thems the brakes

Post by w00dsy »

Norbs said i should tell this story here, but i was too afraid too. Don't judge me fuckers. Anyway i had to bring my bike home from my parents place the other day, i rode there and then drove home and the bike wouldn't fit in the back of the car with the wheels on. Quick release wheels are great, but the fucking brakes are hard to get around, but after a fair amount of pulling and swearing i got the bloody wheels out. Same thing putting back on, once i'd managed to sweat my bollocks off jumping on the wheels to jam them back in, the quick release system is a thing of beauty. Stupid bloody system those brakes i thought to myself. Norbs did inform me of something i'd wondered, there's a way to release them apparently. I'll look into how it's done one day. Go on laugh at me you pricks :D
c.j
Midget Wanker

Re: thems the brakes

Post by c.j »

Just make sure you re-attach them. I have set off and got a few meters from home and realised "oh shit, no brakes". Luckily I hadn't reached the down hill part.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

at least you wont' forget to fasten the wheel nuts...that can be painful when the front leaves you on the forest trail...I know...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

ysu wrote:at least you wont' forget to fasten the wheel nuts...that can be painful when the front leaves you on the forest trail...I know...
Also just as painful when it happens on the road... Except someone undid the nuts on my bike what time :(
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

visit 2011 and get some new fangled disc brakes...lol
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

brakes are for pussies
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Brakes help you go faster
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

mm... lol...

and Hz don't use brakes.. he uses he's Face like Chuck Norris.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Well I got a bloody good chuckle out of it.

And the best thing is, he can now do a rear and front derailleur adjustment, which is more than I can say for myself!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

norbs wrote:Well I got a bloody good chuckle out of it.
+1 :D

The deraillers are not very hard to adjust norbs , the two screws are only limit the inner and outer travel of each unit , there are plenty of good tutorials on youtube to show you how it's done :) .

Another good tip is don't put unfizzed up Coke in your drink bottle as it tends to explode after the first bump you go over and go all over your legs and bike which make riding home a bit sticky :nod: . Yep done that a few years a go on a hot day and running out of energy :rolleyes: .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

mrleisure wrote: Another good tip is don't put unfizzed up Coke in your drink bottle as it tends to explode after the first bump you go over and go all over your legs and bike which make riding home a bit sticky :nod: . Yep done that a few years a go on a hot day and running out of energy :rolleyes: .
that's a good tip :rofl:

in a similar vein, don't store a heap of jelly babies (or snakes or any other similar lolly) in your jersey pocket on a hot day.. :melt: