Wrranty Replacement Issue

CyclARSEts talk in here.
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Wrranty Replacement Issue

Post by Gizmo »

Awhile ago I noticed that my frame had a crack either side on the crank head. Over time this was getting longer. Took it into my bike shop and found out that Specialized have a lifetime warranty on their frames. So it got sent away for them to test. They swapped by 2009 Roubaix frame for a brand new 2011 model.

However.......

Something on the crank head is different to my model and my cranks don't fit so the bike shop had to put in an adapter which I've been told introduces some play into in and has created a "clunk." My only option is to get the new, updated cranks. I told them that i'm not prepared to buy the new cranks, it's not my fault the the clunk is there or my cranks don't fit. Oh, and I don't like the new paint job...... My bike shop say that Specialized only cover the frame and i cannot get the new cranks.

Pretty poor form for a bike that I paid over $5000 for. I'm going in this morning to see how bad this clunk is and telling them i'm not accepting it, and i'm not paying to get it fixed or any new parts.

Will see what they say.
Santaria

Re: Wrranty Replacement Issue

Post by Santaria »

Don't leave until you're satisfied. If the frame wasn't replace with the same frame, then request a new bike, or the required cranks. That's pretty pathetic whether it's a bike or not. It should be replaced same for same.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Dont settle for any of it, Australia has some really strong consumer laws to protect you from getting fucked.
From here on in, every conversation you have with anyone write down date/time/basic call information

Seeing your in QLD, you can call the fair trading.. they are really helpful and have small hold time.
http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have called them over a coffee machine that was 6 months old and took 3+ months to get a replacement part, they informed me of my rights and helped me get a whole brand new replacement.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Bit confused about that issue.

just having a brief look at the specs of the 2009 and 2011 models of that bike seem to indicate that they were both spec'ed with Ultegra components, (Ultegra SL (2009) vs Ultegra 6700 (2011) ). Unless i'm mistaken, and it's been know to happen from time to time, I was under the impression that they used the same type of bottom bracket? not sure where the issue could arise from.

Worst case scenario i would have thought would be to replace the bottom bracket? less than $50 more than likely.

<scratches head> not sure if i've missed something obvious..
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Went in this morning, and things were not as bad and I was led to believe and it turns out, i love my new frame, it looks fantastic.

http://www.specialized.com/au/gb/bc/SBC ... cname=Road" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The clunk is, well......not really an issue. I can feel it ever so slightly but it's not really a big issue.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Gizmo wrote:Went in this morning, and things were not as bad and I was led to believe and it turns out, i love my new frame, it looks fantastic.

http://www.specialized.com/au/gb/bc/SBC ... cname=Road" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The clunk is, well......not really an issue. I can feel it ever so slightly but it's not really a big issue.

A clunk on a KMart bike is an issue, let alone a $5k bike! I'd be telling them to get ride of the clunk.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Well i've been riding the last couple of days and there is no clunk, it must of just needed to bed in or something. I'm loving the new frame though. The ride is alittle firmer than the old one but it seems to handle so much nicer.