Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: New Commodore

Post by r8response »

Quite like that.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

They definitely Europe'd up the styling, that's for sure. Doesn't look too bad though.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Be interesting to see what HSV do with it.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Seen a few drive around, Very quite.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Quite very?

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

avro707c wrote:
Changes inside:
- The trunk lid release has been moved from the glove-box compartment to the drivers door
- Power window switches moved to the doors rather than on centre console
Only took them 30+ years!!

I like it. The VE is a good looking car but the VF refines this, and the interior has been brought up to scratch with the exterior. Has all the tech a modern car needs to have too.

I don't think it's going to get the sales it deserves, however. SUVs are just in fashion. And it's very hard to convince people to buy something that's not fashionable.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Exar Kun wrote:
avro707c wrote:
Changes inside:
- The trunk lid release has been moved from the glove-box compartment to the drivers door
Only took them 30+ years!!

I like it. The VE is a good looking car but the VF refines this, and the interior has been brought up to scratch with the exterior. Has all the tech a modern car needs to have too.

I don't think it's going to get the sales it deserves, however. SUVs are just in fashion. And it's very hard to convince people to buy something that's not fashionable.

Another Americanisation of this country.

Saw a Kluger on its side the other day whilst out riding. Really really wanted to take a photo but the guy didn't seem to impressed with me gawking or the car. He calmed down when I asked if he needed anything. It happened about 5 minutes before I got there and he reckon a dozen cars just drove past.

Apparently his missus demanded a SUV because they were safer. LOL. He swerved to miss a roo on a 80kph bend and it tipped over. He did say the airbags did an awesome job though. He also swears his old Falcon Wagon wouldn't have tipped over.

I wonder if they are putting the new Commodore out as a wagon? A proper fucking wagon, not that swooped down back of the current sportswagon.

Just waiting for all the Ford nazis to go berko on ARSEBook.

Edit : Well, I should have checked. Our very own Ford man with the lime dick has started it already. :)

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

unless they put the price up, i will never buy another one.... the one I got last year is a disaster... worst new car I have ever bought... I am going to enjoy going into the dealer and have them tell me all the things wrong with my car that are now fixed on this one... "Oh really, you didn't mention any of those when I was buying this one...." :)

they need to drop all of those new systems, none of them will actually work properly because they will have done everythign as cheaply as possible with comprimises in quality everywhere... I am going to even get them to disconnect the seat belt warning at the next Service because it keeps wanting to tell me my passenger is not wearing their seatbelt... when I am in the car alone...

Can't see a new wagon the size your are hoping anytime soon norbs ol mate... start saving for a kluger... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Skoda Superb wagon! Diesel and heaps and heaps of space.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Where did you find those images arvo?

Reminds me of the old XF, I love it but I'm really interested in how that front end will look on the ute.

The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Ah never mind, using tapatalk so I couldn't see the URLs.

Yeah, this car makes the VE look a lot older, but I've had quite a few problems with me VE too, 2007 SV6 Ute
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Exar Kun wrote:Skoda Superb wagon! Diesel and heaps and heaps of space.

It is on the list Mick. The plan is to keep the Commodore wagon for another 18 months. Then it is 10 years old and the i30 is 5. We are hoping to get 10 years out of our cars and that gives us a 5 year gap between them.

From what I have seen, and I haven't measured them up, so I may be wrong, but the Superb isn't as big as the VY Commodore wagon. That said, there seems to be plenty of room, and when I went into the local dealer, he was super keen to do a deal. Will wait and see what is available in 18 months.

Another Commodore would be great, but not a sports wagon. The current one has 150,000kms on it and still goes great. Best car I have ever owned.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

The Superb is narrower than the VY but with seats down the length of the load space is enormous. Not much else out there in terms of pure wagons unfortunately.

I reckon front of VF looks like the front of the Insignia more than anything else.

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

The line between 'wagon' and 'shooting brake' is all blurry and fuzzy to me :(
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Shooting brakes these days are normally 2 doors if I recall
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

Yep, shooting brakes are 2 door coupe cross wagon style of car.

I must admit I do like the look of this new Commodore. They have really made the VE appear quite outdated however I get the feeling the VF is just a good attempt to keep up with the competition from overseas where the majority of technology has already been out for quite a while and in a lot of cases becoming standard.
bengatta wrote:they need to drop all of those new systems, none of them will actually work properly because they will have done everythign as cheaply as possible with comprimises in quality everywhere... I am going to even get them to disconnect the seat belt warning at the next Service because it keeps wanting to tell me my passenger is not wearing their seatbelt... when I am in the car alone... )
A lot of this technology is probably cheaper now than a few years ago and possibly more refined. At this price point, it's not going to be too much of a killer to put a lot of it in but I do agree that it is probably done as cheaply as possible probably because of my point above about trying to keep up with competition.

As far as wagons go, they are a dying breed but despite that, it would be nice to see if Holden does bring out a proper wagon. Chances are though if a wagon variant is released it might be as an afterthought and might be another "sportswagon" in design.
petey

Post by petey »

- Front side air-vents now moved to the dash, rather than being integrated in the door trim with flow through channel where the door met the dash trim. This is a good change.
Three things that should have been done 10 years ago.

I am not a Ford man anymore than a Holden man. I happen to like the particular B series of Ford I own but that says nothing about any of the other series they have.

This looks as average as a Kia, Hyundai, Subaru, Toyota or any other median priced family car. The interior updates are well overdue, the exterior is styled to look completely bland and I'm certain they aren't breaking any ground in the drive train department (ofcourse proof is yet to be seen).
start saving for a kluger...
Now there is a good car :yes:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I like the front, the rear looks a bit non existant. i loved how the VE rear end stood out so much.

be interesting to see the features that the Base model has vs the CalaisV
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

avro707c wrote:GMInsideNews forum had an interesting quote:
GMInsideNews wrote:A lot of bits and pieces are GM corporate or Holden will be supplying for other models, like steering wheel buttons with cruise control and wand stalk now controls radar functions;
So it has active cruise control then, like the Mercedes Distronic system!
considering the wonderful job they did with IQ, I would not trust my life with it... I would simply ask for it to be disconnected... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
richo

Post by richo »

The VE was quite a muscular looking car (for a repmobile) this new ones has tones of Mitsubishi 380..
[]D [] []v[] []D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

richo wrote:The VE was quite a muscular looking car (for a repmobile) this new ones has tones of Mitsubishi 380..
They had to drop the drag coefficient big time, hence the front arches being toned down a bit. They didn't smooth them out as much as I thought they would, however. Still have to wait for the SS and HSV models to see how much aggression it's really lost.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

SS V looks quite subdued from the rear which I'm actually a fan of. HSVs will be interesting as usual. Hopefully not too "interesting".
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Also, the Americans won't be getting manuals. Sucks for them!

Haven't really looked into it but are they still using the A6 gearbox?
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

I know a few people who would buy a HSV just for a gearbox like that, the autos are pretty rubbish at the moment. A lot of tuners don't like them.