VTR1000SP2

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
mrleisure

VTR1000SP2

Post by mrleisure »

Bought this a few weeks back . One owner , 55,000klms , Yoshi RS-3s . Very happy , HRC goodness :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_RC51" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sp3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
matticooper

Re: VTR1000SP2

Post by matticooper »

very nice. I like!
pogo

Post by pogo »

Phwoooar.

Well done brother. Farking gorgeous. . Dream bike of mine.

Any track days planned?

More pics!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
pogo

Post by pogo »

Can I ask what you paid? These things seem to be appreciating big time..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

$10,500 mate , 2002 model , first RC51 with the upgraded chassis and fuel injection . Colin Edwards won the world superbike championship on one that year and Nicky Hayden won the AMA superbike championship on one the same year . I didn't try to knock his price down after I saw the condition it is in . The only bad thing is that it has a few ks on it , but I'll rebuild the motor when it needs it , seems fairly healthy now though :) . Nah , no track days , I'll be happy enough to just ride it on the road , plenty of great roads close to me :yummy:
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
richo

Post by richo »

55k doesn't seem like a lot of k's unless bikes have different wear rates?
[]D [] []v[] []D
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Not sure yet , it has a chrome cylinder lining and a 100mm bore and 63mm stroke . Could be a bit harsh on cylinder wear . Will have to to a comp test .

mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

I have put a few kilometres on this bike now and decided that the suspension is way to harsh for the road ,it is very difficult to get it to hold a line though bumpy turns , may be ok for the track . I gave Terry Hay a call from Shock Treatment http://www.shocktreatment.com.au/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and am going to get the rear shock and front forks revalved with Race Tech Gold components , $350 for the front fork rebuild and $600 for the rear shock . Not really all that impressed with the Dunlop Sport Max tyres on it so will change over to Michelin Pilot Powers as well . Hope this makes it a easier bike to ride on the road . Will report back on the changes after I get it all sorted .

pogo

Post by pogo »

Let us know how you go dude. I hear good things about Shock Treatment.

The OEM dunlops on my bike were awful, the Pilot Powers/Roads on it now are heaps better... er but they seem to take a bit to warm up.... :s bastard cold Canberra.
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

I dont mind the Dunlop Sport Max on mine.
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Yeh , a lot of riders seem to like them a lot . I will leave them on there and give them another go with the upgraded suspension .