Chat about stuff you've seen
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Gravity

Post by Big Kev »

Anyone seen this yet?

The trailer looks quite good.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1454468/?ref_=hm_cht_t1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a friends birthday at the weekend and I think we're going to go and see it at the local IMAX. A rather hefty 15 quid to see it in 3D and imax but what the hell :)
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Gravity

Post by wobblysauce »

Take it as another Hollywood movie.. nothing factual and you might enjoy it.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

So... have you seen it Wobbly? If so, what did you think?

We nearly went at the weekend. I can't quite work out if it's for me or not. The reviews are glowing.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I'll give it 4/5 stars, at some points I want to say 3/5 but overall that might be harsh.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

I do not like see reviews/scores before I watch a movie so I go to them unaffected, and make my own mind up. That said I have liked things with low scores but hated some with high scores.

It was entertaining, if you are into space and stuff.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I've seen it, that is to say I saw it. Was pretty good. I score it 4/5 potatoes.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Big Kev wrote:It's a friends birthday at the weekend and I think we're going to go and see it at the local IMAX. A rather hefty 15 quid to see it in 3D and imax but what the hell :)
I only saw it in 2D, however I'd say if there was ever a movie worth seeing at iMax in 3D, this would be it.

Has it only just been recently released in the UK? Or are you guys just a bit slow? :p
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

It was released a couple of weeks ago I think. Considering it was pretty much entirely made here you'd think we'd have had dibs wouldn't you :D
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I didn't like it as much as I expected to but in the end it was still enjoyable and worth a watch at the cinema more than anywhere else. 3D? I've come to the opinion that it rarely adds anything to a movie, I saw this in 3D but would have been fine seeing it in 2D. In the end it just became a bit pedestrian for me because there was no real plot to speak of, just Bullock barely managing to survive scenarios that became more and more implausible but always knowing that of course she will survive in the end. There were also a couple of obvious physics boo boos which also kinda grated on me especially when it was praised for it's ultra realistic portrayal of space.
I think this movie garnered a lot of praise for the "beautiful cinematography" and that sort of thing that critics go gaga over and whilst all of that was really good I guess I expected a bit more from the movie.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Saw it on Wednesday and enjoyed it. I had no idea what it was about, so I had no preconceptions. Best way to view movies in my opinion.

Nice to see something a bit different and minimalist. While it was generally pretty implausible it was engaging enough that I was able to overlook that. There was only 1 moment which shit me any it's a moment which should have been done better.

3D was pretty pointless, though the cinema I saw it in had a pretty small screen which doesn't help. Would be pretty nice to watch on imax.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

My trip to see it was postponed so we're going tomorrow.
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Just back from watching this.

Really enjoyed it. It worked well in 3D although a lot of the time I kind of dial out that fact and it only kicks in again when a pen or some debris floats by. Although the resolution at IMAX was excellent I don't think it made a big enough difference to pay that much again.

Great cinematography and music. The first scene was great. It must have been a good 10 minutes before there was a cut! And also the part where the camera seems to go inside Sandra Bullock's helmet visor and then pans back out again. Clever stuff to immerse you in the situation. Very skilfully edited and put together in that respect. Some dodgy physics here and there but I can forgive that :)
My Flickr Stream
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

[youtube] [/youtube]
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Better story then twilight?..

Still better then what Frozen was.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

than than than than than than than than arghhhhh!!!!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Oh, fun times the word fixer has been removed again :P

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ