The Sim Pit

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

The Sim Pit

Post by Duke »

Not a game per say but Shaun Cole of ISR fame has started his own new site / show covering all things sim called The Sim Pit

[youtube] [/youtube]

Should be worth following to see how it develops... :yes:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Re: The Sim Pit

Post by Gizmo »

Wonder what happened to make the split.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Some say personal issues, left with out saying goodbye to ISR, some say yay, finally he left Darin's grasp. Either way good for him to do what he wants to do.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some stuff before the mark but that is the main bit.
[youtube] [/youtube]
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Oh good. I always liked Shaun more than Darrin. . . Jessica was always good to watch aswell!!
balls & boobs. . .
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Oh yes Jessica, I do so very much miss her...

But I am really digging what Shaun is trying to do with his new project, it's good to see it's not going to be an ISR copy.
This new piece today is very thought provoking given some of the expectations being posted on here at times. :aussie:
I'm very interested to hear what the longterm iRacing users have to say once they watch this. :nod:

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

With iRacing it's changed a lot but it has been such a gradual process that as a user from the start it hasn't really been noticeable. Big changes soon get forgotten and taken for granted since they're usually things which were missing to start with.

I think rFactor 2 is the sim suffering from that issue the most. They released way too early when it was still too similar to rF1, particularly the gfx. It's improved since then and they've added some good content but lots of people have moved on already.

If the iRacing forum is anything to go by, 4200 posts in the thread for AC since last November and it's the second thread after the first one got too big for the forum. Only 860 posts in the main rF2 thread since 2011 despite being a community content driven sim. Ouch. Though there is a lot of hate in the rfactor community for iracing so maybe it's just the wrong crowd.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

rFactor 2 still annoys me. I don't like the driving feel, mods are WAY WAY WAY too complicated to install and use, and even installing the stock content is overly complicated and annoying. And because it's so difficult to work with, modders have fled. Without mod support, the game is going to die out very quickly.

I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt when it first came out, but it's way past that time now.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

rF2 was released to early, to try and beat the other games to market.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

GT VIRUS wrote:rFactor 2 still annoys me. I don't like the driving feel, mods are WAY WAY WAY too complicated to install and use, and even installing the stock content is overly complicated and annoying. And because it's so difficult to work with, modders have fled. Without mod support, the game is going to die out very quickly.

I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt when it first came out, but it's way past that time now.
That's the truth of it - I agree with you completely. Altho I don't believe the mod support was important to start with, but a far better polished product would have been. AC has blown it out of the water, simply.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?