Richard Attenborough

Chat about stuff you've seen
J.D.
Rat

Richard Attenborough

Post by J.D. »

Been a bad month for screen legends:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28923074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really liked this guy. First movie I saw him in was Morning Departure (1950). I was always a big fan of his portrayal of serial killer John Christie in 10 Rillington Place (1971).
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
Montey

Re: Richard Attenborough

Post by Montey »

Don't forget his roles as Big X in the Great Escape.

His axcting filmography is massive (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000277/?ref ... nm_1#actor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), but he also directed and produced some classics (like A Bridge Too Far, Chaplin, Cry Freedom)
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

For sure. He was very prolific and imaginative with it. A mate of mine used to live around the corner from him in London (Richmond).

I mentioned those two because they are my favourite Attenborough roles and not all that widely known.

10 Rillington Place is the thinking man's horror movie.

I also forgot about Brighton Rock (1947) and The Flight of the Phoenix (1966).
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

10 Rillington place always sticks in my mind.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.