AACL WEC 2015 - Le Mans Test Day(s)

Racing league forum for all different games.
pixelboy

AACL WEC 2015 - Le Mans Test Day(s)

Post by pixelboy »

Hi All,

In order to refine the car list and get into the swing of things I would like to run two Le Mans Test evenings. On these evenings we will have a couple of short races to ascertain speed differences and practise pit stops.

Thursday the 14th and 21st of May
No Qualifying! - Random start :)
2 (maybe 3) Races - 5 laps each - compulsory pit stop in each race
Race 1 starts @ 8:45pm
Race 2 starts @ 9:15pm

Track download: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads ... rthe.2482/

Cars will include all the GT3 cars plus the two prototypes and the P4/5. Please use a different car in each race. P-Tracker will record all the juicy details!

No need to enter, just rock up. AACL WEC server, usual password and teamspeak details.

See you then!
Last edited by pixelboy on Wed May 13, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
eek
Enforcer-J

Re: AACL WEC 2015 - Le Mans Test Day(s)

Post by Enforcer-J »

Touch and go if I can make thurs night, depends on the kidlet.
Ive never driven lemans except maybe on a console game... so my input might not be much help!
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

I will try and make it. I am very interested in the time differences between them, pretty obviously the GTR and C9 will be the top of their classes but by how much is anyone's guess.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

No F1 GTR?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

AstrO wrote:No F1 GTR?
I assume cause it's not the lemans race car, it's just that standard production car.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Carn, we both know you want to drive that McLaren MP4 12C GT3 again.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

I will hopefully be able to make it. Will be going to paintball during the day. Hopefully I won't be in too much pain hahaha :P
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

KNAPPO wrote:
Carn, we both know you want to drive that McLaren MP4 12C GT3 again.
Was thinking about it, but if the McLaren F1 GTR was in... well I wouldn't have a choice but to drive it! :D
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Is it alright if i join a little later say at like 9 and join mid race or do i have to be there by 845?
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Anytime mate.. no problems.. very informal tonight
eek
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

pixelboy wrote:Anytime mate.. no problems.. very informal tonight
Cool. See you all on the track!
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Had a few guys turn up tonight, basic runs show that the GTR is too damn fast, the Corvette is too damn heavy, Merc is a quick enough and anyone who picks any of the other GT cars is going to be in for a bad night!
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

I think it is safe to say that tonight's testing session was a successful one. Managed to get a clearer picture of the competitiveness of the cars; and have bragging rights over the fastest time :P Personally, pretty easy to assume the mp4-12c and z4 would be smashed around here with the straights. Had a quick run in the sls and compared to the gtr personally its quite close. Didn't manage to get a full lap in but from feel it felt quite quick with only a few minor adjustments to the set up.

Personally I think it would probably be best if it's an all gt race. As much as I would love to have multi class, I don't think there will be enough people to ensure there will be a small gap between competitors in each class; especially the prototype class and the disparity between the 787b and c9. Again, definitely not saying it shouldn't be happening, but leaning towards the single class. To get a better picture maybe with the test session next week the first race can be just the prototypes that way we will have a number of different people in each car. That way we will have a better understanding of the gap between the two and then for the second race more so whatever everyone wants to drive and get an idea on how chaotic it may get with multi class racing (maybe a slights longer race say like 7-10 laps so people in the gt's could get a feeling of what it is like with a prototype lapping them with the speed differential)? Just throwing out ideas
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Bails MacKenzie wrote:Had a few guys turn up tonight, basic runs show that the GTR is too damn fast, the Corvette is too damn heavy, Merc is a quick enough and anyone who picks any of the other GT cars is going to be in for a bad night!
Totally agree. But I think the sls can keep up with the gtr. Did some quick adjustments (gearing, rear wing, toe and rear anti roll bar) and it felt pretty damn close to the gtr
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Maybe we could put a handicap on the guys that pick the gtr. Like make them run the hard tyre and the others can do soft or mediums. Not too sure on the speed differential with the extra grip.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Half the fun of an endurance series is the big discrepancies. Id go the slowest car on track if it wasnt for the fact that I love the fastest too much.
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

Enforcer-J wrote:Half the fun of an endurance series is the big discrepancies. Id go the slowest car on track if it wasnt for the fact that I love the fastest too much.
I agree. But if a particular car is much faster than the rest of the class, it takes away for the spectacle. Like the GTs, the GT-R is way faster than the rest. I picked it because I just love the car in real life and loved when I witnessed it win the bathurst 12hr. But personally, I love seeing a grid of different cars and I think people are going for the gt-r just to keep up with the other bloke who has a gt-r because we all want to win. Nothing wrong there, but maybe we could do something to encourage people to drive the z4 or mp4-12c
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

It was also clear that the P4/5 is nowhere and will get smashed by ANY of the GT3's... :(

I would also like to see loads of different cars ..
eek
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Id be happy if the evil dictator forced us to drive a particular car each and gave out points per car :)
amwarrior93

Post by amwarrior93 »

One thing I can think of is if maybe we turn it into a proper championship; i.e. we stick with the same car. Different cars will suit different tracks. Maybe that will encourage people to pick cars that they want to drive rather than picking cars just to stay competitive?? Like the gtr excels in a straight line but under power, especially out of tight 1st and 2nd gear corners, you can't put the power down. The sls and z4 are a lot more drivable while the mclaren is pretty good at everything
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

amwarrior93 wrote:Maybe that will encourage people to pick cars that they want to drive rather than picking cars just to stay competitive??
Already did that for round 1 (C9) & 2 (MP4/12C) :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The only way I ever see multi-car working in any sim is by blind ballot... but that has hairs on it too.
One of Pix's ideas was to offer equal points per class, but again that doesn't mean a good spread between classes if ppl get to choose what they want to run.
Dukester

renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

AstrO wrote:
amwarrior93 wrote:Maybe that will encourage people to pick cars that they want to drive rather than picking cars just to stay competitive??
Already did that for round 1 (C9) & 2 (MP4/12C) :D
My hero
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Duke wrote:The only way I ever see multi-car working in any sim is by blind ballot... but that has hairs on it too.
Server side weight or horsepower balancing would be a good start.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

KNAPPO wrote:
Duke wrote:The only way I ever see multi-car working in any sim is by blind ballot... but that has hairs on it too.
Server side weight or horsepower balancing would be a good start.
Good point, in an ideal world the devs should have them better balanced particularly for the GT classes.
Dukester