Squad

General game chat
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Squad

Post by norbs »

Anyone tried this?

Thought the military guys might like it.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Squad

Post by Righteous »

I've got a mate who had a crack at it. He's pretty heavily into the Battlefield games. Said it was enjoyable, but best played in a group. It's not a lone wolf type game.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Righteous wrote:I've got a mate who had a crack at it. He's pretty heavily into the Battlefield games. Said it was enjoyable, but best played in a group. It's not a lone wolf type game.

Yeah, didnt expect it would be. I used to love these sorts of games, but now i am let down by slow reflexes. :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

and no friends
--------------
Stu
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

oh snap.
balls & boobs. . .
norbs

Post by norbs »

Bauer wrote:and no friends
no, but your mum says hi. :banana_love:
richo

Post by richo »

On a completely different subject I just got Arma 3 and have to say it's impressive .

Just to think I could have been enjoying it 3 years ago...
[]D [] []v[] []D
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I got into it for a bit with a group. It's fun when you get a group working together and a leader who has his shit together. As mentioned, you pretty much have to be in a good group to get anywhere.

Each side is made up of squads of up to 9 players with everyone in specific roles (available roles depends on squad size) and you fight to take control of, or defend checkpoints to control the map. I ended up going medic most of the time because I can't seem to aim for shit in this game.

While I did have a few very fun matches, I also had more than a few really boring ones where I only saw 1-2 enemies in the whole match. For me, it's really good in the smaller town maps and shithouse in the open forest maps. But I guess the sniping camper fag types would think the opposite. That might also change when they get vehicles in.

I have more fun in Arma 3 at the moment, but I'm mostly doing coop against AI in that. It's got a wider range of gameplay available. Tanks, planes, choppers, infantry. All you guys are welcome to join us in that if you want a more relaxed shooter where you don't have to worry so much about twitch reflexes :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

I would really like a WW1 or WW2 themed FPS/RPG or what ever they are called. A Sunday night sort of thing. :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

norbs wrote:I would really like a WW1 or WW2 themed FPS/RPG or what ever they are called. A Sunday night sort of thing. :)
If you're after single player, you can try Sniper Elite. It's fun for a while. And if you don't like it, steam refund to the rescue ;)
p.s. it has a sequel. Bit different, I think it's not as good as the original one. But maybe it's just the time-magnified rosy glasses my memory does often (like saying manic miner was a great game and I should play it again...then when I try I get bored in 5 minues. Same for prince of persia).
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote:
norbs wrote:I would really like a WW1 or WW2 themed FPS/RPG or what ever they are called. A Sunday night sort of thing. :)
If you're after single player, you can try Sniper Elite. It's fun for a while. And if you don't like it, steam refund to the rescue ;)
p.s. it has a sequel. Bit different, I think it's not as good as the original one. But maybe it's just the time-magnified rosy glasses my memory does often (like saying manic miner was a great game and I should play it again...then when I try I get bored in 5 minues. Same for prince of persia).

I actually have it, got it on sale. It is OK, but i find it a bit kludgy to use.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

We mostly play in our own server where we can take any vehicle/weapon and mess around. Not ww2, but it's a sunday nght sort of thing. Even when we go in the more serious servers we wear journalist clothes and police hats, so we don't get too serious :)

You might also want to look at Insurgency. We play coop in that as well sometimes and it has an official WW2 mod now. It's smaller maps, close quarters stuff which requires a bit of reflexes but playing coop against AI usually takes the pressure and frustration out of it. It's been around for a long time and there's a lot of very good players out there who know the maps well, so I don't bother playing against other players. It doesn't have a single player campaign/story though. Just the multiplayer and coop modes.
richo

Post by richo »

I'm enjoying the server mod for Arma Annex and Invade, pretty steep learning curve and the controls are difficult but it's very immersive .

Enjoying the shit out of flying the choppers too.
[]D [] []v[] []D
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The mod we mostly run on our server is Enemy Assault. It's similar to Invade and Annex in that it spawns dynamic objectives once you complete the previous ones. We're trying to add more stuff to it though. What I like about the straya gaming Invade & Annex server is the chance to have to defend and the side objectives that make special vehicles available.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Verdun. On steam (can't give you a link from work) and cheap!
richo

Post by richo »

DarrenM wrote:The mod we mostly run on our server is Enemy Assault. It's similar to Invade and Annex in that it spawns dynamic objectives once you complete the previous ones. We're trying to add more stuff to it though. What I like about the straya gaming Invade & Annex server is the chance to have to defend and the side objectives that make special vehicles available.

That's the one I have been playing on, a side mission came up last night to stop Donald Trump being assassinated and then hunt the assassin .
[]D [] []v[] []D
norbs

Post by norbs »

smithcorp wrote:
Verdun. On steam (can't give you a link from work) and cheap!

Got it. Will grab when i can play and see if I need a refund ;)
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

I don't think it has offline bots though.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I refunded that one, but know a couple guys who like it. I like the premise, but found it really frustrating to play online. Seemed to get pinned down and spawn camped a lot. I think it just needs larger scale maps and more team focus like Squad has.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Norbs ARMA3 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norbs

Post by norbs »

DexterPunk wrote:Norbs ARMA3 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, god bless CDKeys. $45. $60US on Steam.
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

Red Orchestra 2?

I've been messing around in AMRA3 in the Exile mod for a while, player v everything, but it doesn't really let you experience the full extent of equipment and types of warfare that are available in AMRA3. DarrenM, if you could PM me the details and don't mind having a bullet magnet in your group, I'm keen to do some multi-player with a team.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Server isn't up all the time. You're already on my friends list on steam (I'm HairyPantaloons on there) so next time we're on I'll message you.

I tried straya gaming invade & annex server last night and they've nerfed it massively with the latest version. There was hardly any AI and only 2 enemy vehicles. With 60 players on the server they were nearly all dead before 1/2 the players even get there.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

If you lads ever want to do some ground pounding let me know. Happy to draw up a few sets of orders if you want to add a bit of realism. Kind of kills it if I nav you to the point, but if one of you want to lead I will check nav to make sure you're on point. Reckon it would be a bit of laugh to get you all in to a tic and start to issue some fire control and assault orders and see if you can keep up.

Or happy to just be arse end of the patrol and talk shit :yes:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

DarrenM wrote:Server isn't up all the time. You're already on my friends list on steam (I'm HairyPantaloons on there) so next time we're on I'll message you.

I tried straya gaming invade & annex server last night and they've nerfed it massively with the latest version. There was hardly any AI and only 2 enemy vehicles. With 60 players on the server they were nearly all dead before 1/2 the players even get there.
fluffed my post and forgot to quote you above DM.

I have been in there twice I find it kind of fukn boring. Too many people for the task at hand and with the assets available it's over before you know it. The only time it had any element of difficulty was when the opfor counter attacked a hill and crumped a vehicle in our compound that took out all of our medics in one hit. Shit got real after that.

Also, I haven't played it enough to be able to determine the enemy from the friendlies although the CSAT helmets are helping me with the IFF.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)