New Toyota TF105 Pics

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

New Toyota TF105 Pics

Post by Big Kev »

Pics courtesy of F1total.com

And they've signed a lady driver :)

ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

All these new cars look all curved and fluid. Sort of like a soft turd just dropped out of a camels arse. :eyepop:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Hmmmmm, some things of interest...

1. No barge boards.
2. Very large airducts in to the side pods. Huge in fact.
3. No apparent attempt to compensate for the raised front wing hieght.
4. Very wide wingspan for the two winglets on the top of the cowling.

I think aero wise this car looks like its shite. Compared to other teams releases where you can see the natural path air will take over the front, the body and the rear of the car without hitting hard, perpendicular surfaces, this car screams turbulance and wind resistence.

Based on the height of the front wing, the lack of barge boards and the huge intakes I would almost predict some serious spins in this car.

Time will tell.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Front wing and nose cone is simply last year's stuck on for the launch. We'll be seeing a new nose well before Australia. Side pods are much lower and more compact than TF104 but strange that they lack any of the under-curve thingy that's become so popular.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

yeah I can see lots of turbulance from the front suspension effecting the rest of the car.

there is a barge board of sorts in amongst the suspension... but it looks like it it to push air back behing the front wheels with the way it turns :faint:

The sidepods seem far too square to help reduce turbulance around the side of the car, maybe they need these for an engine that is running hotter than the rest?

with the way the sidepods go back in prets quickly, and the bodywork flick being prety big, it'll produce a lot of turbulance behind the car too.

This car can produce some good entertainment with all the drag it could make... I dunno what it is, it just seems that way to me... the other cars look to be more refined so far.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Maybe they are setting an easy goal this year?... loose at all costs.

:D
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Rots wrote:Maybe they are setting an easy goal this year?... loose at all costs.

:D
or is that loose with the highest costs
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

ok peeps the Toyota has been updated.

whats ur thoughts
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

whats ur thoughts
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

whats ur thoughts
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

whats ur thoughts
http://www.suttonimages.com/fotoweb/FWb ... 34595F3CDD
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

lol, ya got there eventually...

yeah those sidepods needed work... but that looks a bit extreem... need a few other angles first though
Montey

Post by Montey »

ok, well the water mark makes this image a right biatch to look at closely, but...

I still note that there are no real barge-boards infront of the lower part of the air intakes. I can only surmise from this and the very large intakes that the Toyota engine must run extremely hot and need a very large radiator system. Who-ever is behind a Toyota on the track better hope their firesuit works.

Also, there appears to be this strange wing thingy guiding the airflow over the top leading edge of the air intakes. It has quite an interesting shape to it, but I can't quite guess what they would be for.

The front wing still looks very stock. Where other teams are making more of an effort this year to guide air over their front tyres, thereby reducing the drag the tyres create, Toyota seems to have put little effort in to this area.

Given this quote from Schumi Jnr a few days ago, "Simply, it's difficult for me to drive" and Trulli declaring the car as, "reasonably competitive" which is code for not competitive at all, I suspect that the Toyota may be a real dog.

It will be interesting to see how they fare in Melbourne, but I suspect based on the lack of apparent change in the aero package of the car, the comments of the drivers and the times they have been getting in testing (about 2 seconds a lap off the leaders on dry's at Jerez) the car may not be up to spec' this year. Time will tell.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

It's got a moustache!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Someone at toyota has been sneaking a look in the Jordan garage. They tested an identical 'wing' last week.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Barrichello was quoted at F1-live as saying that the cars this year were very hard to drive... he said that in testing, there would be a driver off the track every 15mins and unless they get better, monaco could be a challenge.

so the difficulty in driving might be just from the new regs, not just toyota