Mosley opens his trap again!

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Dr. Pain

Mosley opens his trap again!

Post by Dr. Pain »

Taken from F1live.com:

FIA President Max Mosley says Sheikh Maktoum's A1 Grand Prix open wheeler concept will not succeed because it lacks true star drivers.

Mosley likened the so-called 'world cup of motor sport' to the FIA's Group C sports car championship of the 80s - an interesting racing concept that ultimately failed.

"Something like A1 only works if the biggest and most famous names are on board - and that is not the case."

Even the involvement of legendary F1 faces like John Surtees, and world champions like Alan Jones and Emerson Fittipaldi, is not helping A1 to truly compete with Formula One, according to Mosley.

Contrasting A1 with Group C, he said: "We had all the big marques - Mercedes, Jaguar, Toyota, Peugeot - but only a handful of spectators at the races. The fans were not really interested in the technology or the teams; they wanted to see (drivers Alain) Prost and (Ayrton) Senna."

"It is something the F1 teams forget even today."

It seems they dont like a bit of competiton. A1GP runs in the Winter period for Europe and is not in direct competition to F1!

As for the comments about Group C racing, well under FISA Group C was fine then the FIA took it over and farked it completely. Some say Bernie had a bit to do with it but thats not 100% confirmed. They messed with the Group C rules which killed it. I'm sure if Max got his hands on A1 GP he'll kill it. A1GP is not meant to have top line drivers in it, they are in F1. This guy shits me at times!
Minister for Religious Genocide.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I tend to agree with him tho, I find a1 to have great races, but still it just doestn intrest me
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

But it's almost the same as GP2, good racing but it doesn't come with the press and hype of F1. Thats why its not overly interesting but you watch the races because you know it will be entertaining.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

that and australia arnt winning :(
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

FFS A1GP isn't meant to be competeing with F1.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
pogo

Post by pogo »

I'd take A1 over current F1 anyday . The racing is brilliant, the cars are great to watch... love watching them squirm off turns :)