F1 Qualifying and the year ahead

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Bauer

F1 Qualifying and the year ahead

Post by Bauer »

I liked it

Though the comparison between the first 15 min of the final 20 and that of a plane circling heathrow dumping fuel was spot on. But I thought it allowed a breather in an otherwise hectic hour. And the final 5 min was great.

So this brings me to my other thoughts. Do you all have a preferred drive you like to see beat his team mate? In each team there is 1 I seem to like more than the other

McLaren - the fat fuck v the sloth - go the piesman
Ferrari - go MS, show the young buck how its done
Williams - I dont mind Nico but I am an Aussie. Still Nico is my fave of all Marks teamies thus far
Renault - Alonso is still full of beans and worthy of doing better than Fisi
Honda - Button for me. I like Rubens but its the 'special needs' thing that puts Button in front
Red Bull - DC. Never liked Klien
Sauber - JV. I for one will never forget his past glory. Recent idiocy aside I still like him. Nothing wrong with Heidfeld though
Toyota - couldnt give a rats arse here. prolly dislike Trulli the least
STR - I actually wouldnt mind seeing the yank do well. but I wouldnt say i live for speed
MF1 and Super Aguri - jury is still out
--------------
Stu
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Re: F1 Qualifying and the year ahead

Post by Nigel »

Bauer wrote:I liked it

Though the comparison between the first 15 min of the final 20 and that of a plane circling heathrow dumping fuel was spot on. But I thought it allowed a breather in an otherwise hectic hour. And the final 5 min was great.

So this brings me to my other thoughts. Do you all have a preferred drive you like to see beat his team mate? In each team there is 1 I seem to like more than the other

Sauber - JV. I for one will never forget his past glory. Recent idiocy aside I still like him. Nothing wrong with Heidfeld though
Who ??? Surely you mean BMW.
---------------------------------------------------

For me I liked the new qualy, its entertainging fast and engaging. It got me exited about F1 again
The cars sound fantastic More importantly, you can hear different notes from different cars Great stuff.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Bauer

Re: F1 Qualifying and the year ahead

Post by Bauer »

fourthof5 wrote:
Who ??? Surely you mean BMW.
---------------------------------------------------
I think you are being a bit harsh on me

http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/en/index.html

at least i didnt call Midland a Jordan or Toro a Minardi :lol:
--------------
Stu
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

LOL
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Pretty much the same as you Stu on the teamie thing, except Rubinho over Butt and the same response for BMW as Toyota, couldn't give a rats arse.

As for qually, the last 20 mins will be super when there's changable weather around, a real strategy session. :nod: :nod:
As for the first two sessions, I think the timing screens and camera's should focus on the elimination battle, not Alonso and MS walking in a safe time, but that's up to ITV. :rolleyes:

Bring on Malaysia! :D
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Bacchulum wrote:I think the timing screens and camera's should focus on the elimination battle, not Alonso and MS walking in a safe time, but that's up to ITV. :rolleyes:
You mean it's up to the local directors and the formula1 broadcast control. ITV just commentate over the video feed they are given, they don't control it. Thats why you often hear them say things like "but this isn't what we want to see Mr Director".

What they can control is whether James Allen commentates or not :tilt:
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

And the jury is still out on whether he should or not...
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

True Darren, it's Bernie's guys that do the footage. :melt:
And to be fair to JA (not that I want to be :eek: ) I suppose he has to talk about what we see but I still think he could've kept us more informed about the current cut-off time. :nod: