Johnnie Walker, BMW and Sauber news

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Scottie

Johnnie Walker, BMW and Sauber news

Post by Scottie »

Well the GPWC has got prety much the rest of the teams from formula 1 now as Sauber has agreed to join the breakaway series in 2008. This leaves Red Bull Racing as the only team left sitting on the fence left to decide either to join Ferrari at Ecclestones stable, or join the rest of the circus with the big auto guns.

Sauber have also signed BMW as their Engine supplyer as of 2006. Sorta thought something was starting to change there since they basically stuck it up ferrari with signing that testing arrangement in brazil. Good news for the team if you ask me! They're definately going strong!

Mclaren have made a deal with Johnnie Walker. I think this is great news and was predicted in F1 Racing. The Walking Man will be first seen at Turkey's first GP and could be a great looking car is F1 Racings depiction is anything to go by :p

well, that's all from me... got this stuff from http://www.f1-live.com/en
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

The other news from today is Williams coming out and saying that they don't expect to be on the front two rows in Melbourne. The drivers aren't happy with the car and the team has a lot of work to make it competitive.

Why can't Williams start the season with a decent car?? :(
pixelboy

Re: Johnnie Walker, BMW and Sauber news

Post by pixelboy »

Scottie wrote:Well the GPWC has got prety much the rest of the teams from formula 1 now as Sauber has agreed to join the breakaway series in 2008. This leaves Red Bull Racing as the only team left sitting on the fence left to decide either to join Ferrari at Ecclestones stable, or join the rest of the circus with the big auto guns.
According to Motorsport News today the GPWC has ALL 9 teams on board with Ferrari being the only one in-bed-with-Bernie. This is going to get nasty. Bernie will play hardball and it wouldnt suprise me to see NO F1 racing in 2008.

Strap in guys its gunna be a hell of a ride.
eek
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Exar Kun wrote: Why can't Williams start the season with a decent car?? :(
Because they are a shit team. GO MINARDI, kick their arse. :D :lol:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
fp

Post by fp »

Scottie, F1-live?

http://www.zombo.com is a better F1 news source than that place...
(not that i'm dismissing anything you said, i just really hate the scum at that place)
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

fp wrote:Scottie, F1-live?

http://www.zombo.com is a better F1 news source than that place...
(not that i'm dismissing anything you said, i just really hate the scum at that place)
Ive found F1-Live to be a good source of info... You dont like frenchies or you just preffer flashing flash movies?
eek
bmcb

Post by bmcb »

Exar Kun wrote:The other news from today is Williams coming out and saying that they don't expect to be on the front two rows in Melbourne. The drivers aren't happy with the car and the team has a lot of work to make it competitive.

Why can't Williams start the season with a decent car?? :(
And yet last night Webber set a super hot time at Valencia for a 2005 car.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Red Bull and Jordan/MidlandF1 have not signed to GPWC but have agreed to remain in talks.
MidlandF1 want Ferrari engines next year, so they'll sit on the fence :rolleyes: , and Red Bull still consider themselves a brand new team and don't want to upset the apple cart. :faint:

Sir Frank has stated the problem's not with Bernie but with Max's autocratic attitude. :yikes: