Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

CS3 is out

Post by Nigel »

in beta form at the moment... But it is free

http://labs.adobe.com/
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Doso

Post by Doso »

some really nifty stuff i have seen in cs3 like being able to handle jpeg like a raw!
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Most of the stuff you can move in RAW can be done in CS2. The difference is lose of image quality when making those changes. No matter how good that is, RAW is still better. You just can't compeat with something which is uncompressed and precise. JPG is a compressed version of what RAW is.

It has better B&W handeling too. Which I don't think is the best idea. You need something to seporate the pointless "oh look, I pressed a button. I am great photographer" from those that actually take photographs. Ah shit. I sound like norbs.

Its a little different, there are lot of elements moved over from "Lightroom" in terms of adjustments and options which is fine but a auckward. I like the layout which allows for more room for the images overall not bad, but as usual, you have to learn to use it all over again because things are not where they were before.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Doso

Post by Doso »

fourthof5 wrote:Most of the stuff you can move in RAW can be done in CS2. The difference is lose of image quality when making those changes. No matter how good that is, RAW is still better. You just can't compeat with something which is uncompressed and precise. JPG is a compressed version of what RAW is.
yeah im fully aware of that, just pointing out that you can now handle jpegs like raws, but as always raw's will be 8bit and jpeg's 6

also the new slider (vibrance i think it is?) should be alot better than what saturation is now from what ive heard
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Yer thats one of the elements ported from Lightroom. If fact most of the new adjustments are from lightroom.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Bah, I'll stick with CS2 for the moment, only just starting to get my head round how that works, I don't need to learn how to do things all over again so soon. :p