LFS Fun Nights?

LFS chat
t0fu

LFS Fun Nights?

Post by t0fu »

hi guys. been awhile. :melt:

anyways, i've been playing LFS a bit again, and i was just wondering -- do any of you guys here host those one-off fun servers anymore? i'm talking about those very few times when there were Soccer and Banger racing servers hosted by a few of the teams with servers, or just one of the members here. i havent really found any of those things for quite some time, and i'm looking to find the fun side in LFS again -- not just all the racing and stuff (though i know a lot of you find that quite fun :D)

looking forward to your responses. :yes:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

sure do, FMR quite often run our makeshift Speedway track and the odd tarmac rally stage. Umong some other unique layouts here and there, normally on weekends. But it sure happens from time to time.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

yeh mate, on the odd occasion....
MPR will be hosting a fun race in the not too distant future.... :)
Steve
---
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

SE1Z wrote:yeh mate, on the odd occasion....
Oooh, is it a Girls vs Seiz race? cos my moneys on the girls. based on recent results...hehehe
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Oooh, is it a Girls vs Seiz race? cos my moneys on the girls. based on recent results...hehehe
You can talk..... come over to the AAL and play with the big boys mate ;) :lol:
Steve
---
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

SE1Z wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:
You can talk..... come over to the AAL and play with the big boys mate ;) :lol:
Big boys in a small field? i call that clutching at straws.

Stuck in an Era like Cliff Richard you are...
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

lol yeah. Where is FMR these days in AAL?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

J_luo88 wrote:lol yeah. Where is FMR these days in AAL?
not racing in it. Cos MNR is so much more fun.. Go have a look where we are over there...

not in anyway attempting to start a big shitfight or debate here, but there are reasons why AAL numbers have dropped hugely in the last 6 months or so. A lot of it lies in the uninspired Combo selections. And while this is my personal opinion, it is quite the general consensus. Here's hoping AAL pulls some goods out the bag shorlty
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I think the question is where are Pacifica and MPR these days in MNR? ;)
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

lol, i've been racing in MNR longer than you =]

I think just the format of MNR racing is so different from AAL racing, and shorter races may appeal to different types of drivers. And that's all i'll say. No need for flame wars =]
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I haven't got a particular preference for long or short distance races but what wins me over in MNR is that I feel like I'm racing in a series where as the AAL seems to be a bunch of one off races strung together and generally I'm not interested in the chosen combos. I'll race in AAL again one day, it's just been a long time since there's been anything to get excited about.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

J_luo88 wrote:lol, i've been racing in MNR longer than you =]
that wasn't the point.. hehehe
J_luo88 wrote:I think just the format of MNR racing is so different from AAL racing, and shorter races may appeal to different types of drivers. And that's all i'll say. No need for flame wars =]
Don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting to start a flame war, not my intention at all. It sorta begs the question though "why does AAL have some of its lowest participation level at the moment?". And i'm just saying that in my opinion, it's lackluster combo's. I remember the days of some 80 odd racers signing up, 4 divisions of Fun. You're spot on with your comments on the appeal factor. But i don't think its as much in the Sprint vs Longer race issue as you suggest.

I actually personally prefer the format of AAL, its just the Combo's that have put me off lately. I woulda ran GTR series though but i was working away for that whole time.

It's just something that i find interesting.
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Yeah, i guess i know what you mean. It's probably due to our 'progressive' series nature where we started with something that is fairly slow and then moving into something faster. Like our Open Wheel'n series where we started with MRT, moved to FOX and then FO8 and ended with BF1. Similarly, we started this series with UF1's, XRG&XFG's, TBO's, RA&FZ5, and then finally two GTR races.

BUt hopefully, our next series will excite you, lol.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

J_luo88 wrote:Yeah, i guess i know what you mean. It's probably due to our 'progressive' series nature where we started with something that is fairly slow and then moving into something faster. Like our Open Wheel'n series where we started with MRT, moved to FOX and then FO8 and ended with BF1. Similarly, we started this series with UF1's, XRG&XFG's, TBO's, RA&FZ5, and then finally two GTR races.

BUt hopefully, our next series will excite you, lol.
I really do hope so Jack, its not a anti-AAL move by FMR at all. its just yeah, like EN-J said, nothing that has appealled to us. I must say personally the multi-car series just do nothing to wet my appetite. I see how some could love it though. But yeah, it never really feels like ur part of a series.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Enforcer-J wrote:I think the question is where are Pacifica and MPR these days in MNR? ;)
I'll just say this once.

Ive been downloading some of the replays for the lastest MNR series. Im shocked at how some of yours drive in that league. Now this isn't a once off thing, I'd be fecking pissed having people ram, tap and/or spin me.
Thats a main reason why i don't sign up. I have thought about it in the past but not anymore.

by the way: I shouldn't have to use "my opinion crap" its my post :D
slow069

Post by slow069 »

wabbit wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:I think the question is where are Pacifica and MPR these days in MNR? ;)
I'll just say this once.

Ive been downloading some of the replays for the lastest MNR series. Im shocked at how some of yours drive in that league. Now this isn't a once off thing, I'd be fecking pissed having people ram, tap and/or spin me.
Thats a main reason why i don't sign up. I have thought about it in the past but not anymore.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nice thoughts there :detect:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I'd give it a bash but Monday Nights are no good for me........

I might have to grab some of these replays, sound like good watching
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

wabbit wrote:
I'll just say this once.

yeah of late there has been some shockers, i think FXR's in the City lends itself to a bit of chaos. But your statement is definately true for shiz. It's something that has been of great debate in the MNR forums. Some crazy moves going on here and there. I think the Sprint Race Format puts that "2nd chance" thought in a lot of guys heads too. The 1 race rounds tend to be that much more cleaner as there is more at stake.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

wabbit wrote:
I'll just say this once.

This is exactly why I dropped out of the series, I loved the choice of tracks in the series, but some people lack the self-control to race respectively, I've been watching the replays as well since I dropped out, and little has changed in driver attitudes. :rolleyes:
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Hz-Lab wrote: yeah of late there has been some shockers, i think FXR's in the City lends itself to a bit of chaos. But your statement is definately true for shiz. It's something that has been of great debate in the MNR forums. Some crazy moves going on here and there. I think the Sprint Race Format puts that "2nd chance" thought in a lot of guys heads too. The 1 race rounds tend to be that much more cleaner as there is more at stake.
Completely agree, I've noticed some of the AAL sprint races are sort of the same (not as rough, but still the same theory applies). Its the whole lack of laps to get a good place = push harder take more chances to get the bigger points.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

wabbit wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote: yeah of late there has been some shockers, i think FXR's in the City lends itself to a bit of chaos. But your statement is definately true for shiz. It's something that has been of great debate in the MNR forums. Some crazy moves going on here and there. I think the Sprint Race Format puts that "2nd chance" thought in a lot of guys heads too. The 1 race rounds tend to be that much more cleaner as there is more at stake.
Completely agree, I've noticed some of the AAL sprint races are sort of the same (not as rough, but still the same theory applies). Its the whole lack of laps to get a good place = push harder take more chances to get the bigger points.
take it all with a grain of salt and its a ball. Its those who race for sheep stations who are whingers, and in most cases, the problem. ha.
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

lol true. It's just the nature of the MNR race format, and at times it makes for REALLY good racing if everyone is well behaved. other times, there is just a lot of push and shove. But as wabbit has said, it's sorta the same in the AAL sprint races, but hopefully not as bad.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

You do get your frustrating races but OMG the racing is superb when it's clean.

TBH I have no more trouble in MNR than I did in AAL, probably luck for the most part.

ATM I can't race AAL due to other commitments but I am eying off the 4 hour :D
Last edited by Vilante on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

wabbit wrote:
I'll just say this once.

It does get frustrating at times but it's a small price to pay for some excellent, flat out, tense, on the edge of your seat, holy cow batman, kickass, exciting racing!!!! ..... unlike the bor-fest that is the AAL (in my opinion :p )

hmmmm Flameage.

[edit] Ha Vil beat me to it
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

After downloading and watching several of the MNR race nights, I have to say that the one and ONLY thing that puts me off joining them is the abuse, the arguments, and the outright stupidity of some of the drivers. If there was ANY of that sort of carry on in AAL, I can guarantee that person would not be racing next race.

If MNR cleaned up the act a lot, I might have taken it into consideration.. however, not at the moment. So many issues that I've seen that just wouldn't make it a fun race for me.
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."