Photos of new 'Orion' Falcon

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Photos of new 'Orion' Falcon

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

Melbourne's Herald-Sun Cars guide had scoop photos of the new Falcon (due early next year) in FPV guises today. Unfortunately less is available on their website. I will try and find some more.
http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20 ... 40,00.html
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Artic ... leID=41502

saw these computer generated images a while ago on drive.com.au

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

And a scan of the paper:
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

lol, I think Holden and ford might as well join forces because it looks like they are making the same car going by that!
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

We had a close look at this at work today and to me there is no doubt those images were made using a VE Commodore between the A and C pillars, the dorr handles are a give away. Just an excuse to run the story on a slow news week, there certainly is a lot of speculation getting about.
XLV SPORT
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Looks like a Aurion more than an Orion
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

I look forward to hailing one in the future :yes:
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i really hope thats not the new falcon, mainly for fords sake, it looks 90% like the ve :\
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i really think that is very close to what it will look like. I posted some spy pics here a while back.. (hang on, i'll grab em)

few noticable differences, the C pillar "fins" are much more noticable than in the renders (in fact the GT renders dont even have them).

Fuck me though, i hope the GT's keep that greyed area around the lights, Fuck that looks aggresive. and from a Styling viewpoint, Have a real Falcon (the bird) kinda feel. if u get my drift.
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

SamC wrote:lol, I think Holden and ford might as well join forces because it looks like they are making the same car going by that!
it's looked that way since after teh VL :rolleyes:
because you can't drive a house
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

ashsimmonds wrote:
SamC wrote:lol, I think Holden and ford might as well join forces because it looks like they are making the same car going by that!
it's looked that way since after teh VL :rolleyes:
I want some of your drugs....
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

Hz-Lab wrote:I want some of your drugs....
it was around the VN (or something) that family cars stopped having individual style. i've cared so little about them that i'd have to look at the badge to tell the difference between a camry/magna/falcon/commodore/etc.

it's like lining up 20 ugly chicks in a room and trying to decide which one you'd need the least amount of beers to sleep with.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

ashsimmonds wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:I want some of your drugs....
it was around the VN (or something) that family cars stopped having individual style. i've cared so little about them that i'd have to look at the badge to tell the difference between a camry/magna/falcon/commodore/etc.

it's like lining up 20 ugly chicks in a room and trying to decide which one you'd need the least amount of beers to sleep with.
I know neither of us are right or wrong here, It's just opinions, but i sorta feel the same way about the "Supercars". I mean they are so predictable. I'm a Lambo fan so they have always excited me, but i mean 90% of supercars all have a very similar look. And they are very predictable as far as cosmetics go in most cases. Sure u get some new revolutionary desgin here and there. But as a general rule, most sorta just look the same. Family Sedans, while sharing similar characteristics (and why wouldn't they? lets face it, they are chasing the same market) just are a more attainable product for most people. So thats why i have more interest in them. If i was a millionare, my tastes would probably change accordingly.

the VN to VS range compared to the EA to EL range are 2 completely different designed cars. I dont see any shared traits to be honest. Completely different Shapes. It seems now the BF & VE as well as the unnoficial Orion have similar traits yes, But they still have things that set them apart. I tend to find that pictures are misleading. Its not until u see it in the flesh you notice just how different they are.

But yeah, it all comes down to the "each to their own" thing. Allthough the difference is, you dont see us "cab driving" people jumpin into threads about exotics and slagging them off. We're happy in our lower class world and get along fine without the brats jumping in putting us down trying to justify the money they have paid for their social status.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

What he said.

It seems that the European cars that the likes of Ash and Jamo bang on about, are no different from the aussie locals. In fact, i would go as far as to say that most of the larger car companies now dont have the plums to do something really radical. Sure the Aussie V6's are looking similar, but there are still alot of differances, if you guys cared to look at them as carefully as you look at a Lambo or Fez.

One thing I am curious about. What cars do you two drive? Jamo? Ash?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

Hz-Lab wrote:I know neither of us are right or wrong here, It's just opinions
true enough, so any further keyboard bashing to be had, look back to that statement... :)
Hz-Lab wrote:, but i sorta feel the same way about the "Supercars". I mean they are so predictable. I'm a Lambo fan so they have always excited me, but i mean 90% of supercars all have a very similar look. And they are very predictable as far as cosmetics go in most cases.
hmm, looking from a "layman" perspective i can bag them into categories, for eg. i dare say most people couldn't tell the difference between a Gallardo and Murcielago, or an F430 and a 360, or a 997 and 996, or a Zonda F and a Zonda S, or a Koeniggeessggueg CCR and CCX, or an Aston DB9 and Vanquish, or a TVR Cerbera and Speed-6, or a..... etc etc.

but really, if you're telling me that you can actually get ANY of those manufacturers confused due to very similar bodylines, then god dam as you said i'd like some of the drugs YOU are on.
Hz-Lab wrote:Allthough the difference is, you dont see us "cab driving" people jumpin into threads about exotics and slagging them off.
actually, quite the opposite. here is a nice exception as i'm sure most here appreciate the stuff i post as they're true car guys and have "known" me since several years ago. often if i jump onto some other car-board and post a pic or opinion about a car, people who have no chance of realising their dreams jump in and slag everything off like morons. i'm a lot more careful about my audience nowadays, i like a happy existence on the internets. :)
Hz-Lab wrote:We're happy in our lower class world and get along fine without the brats jumping in putting us down trying to justify the money they have paid for their social status.
i'm just one of those guys who never lost the passion for the Countach poster i had on my wall when i was 10 years old.

most people around me grew up and got a job/wife/mortgage/kids/pets/picket fence/etc, i knew none of that was of interest to me and my #1 passion is still beautiful automobilia and driving. it's kinda silly to pass off anyone with a decent car as a rich pratt, all the guys who i call mates with these cars are just enthusiastic car guys who've werked very hard for what they can now afford.

to paraphrase a friend with a Lamborghini who traded an MR2 for it "Yeah success was an overnight thing for me, it just took 14 years of really hard work to get there!".
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Ash, my post wasn't a personal dig mate, just making that clear...

I too had and still have that Contach poster mate.. like i said, i love lambo's, and if i had the money to go and get one, i damn well would.

however.. to someone who doesnt have the passion for the whole exotic thing in general, as you don't have the passion in the aussie family sedan, A lot of them will look the same. it comes down to a lack of interest i guess, i mean anyone who has an interest in anything knows a bit more and is more passionate than those who arne't.

As for passing people off with such cars as "rich pratts", how is that different than passing people off with commodores and Falcons as "bogans".

We all love cars, we all love different cars. We can co-exist without slander...

When saying that us cab drivers don't slag off the exotics, i was purely refering to here on ARSE. i have no doubt there are abnoxious wankers in other places that just love to rain on peoples parades with their bullshit. Its always bound to happen, and especially on such a topic that can easily breed such resentment and jealousy.

What i was mainly gettin at, was that it would be nice just once for someone to talk Holden and Commodores on here without someone jumping in and sticking in there "cabby" or "Bogan" comments... just once... and yes, i know it want you that made the comment...
Last edited by Hz-Lab on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

norbs wrote:One thing I am curious about. What cars do you two drive? Jamo? Ash?
me... nothing. well at least for the last 8 months or so, apart from my gf's hyundai.

here's what i had:

and after 3 years of development and $40k here's what someone turned it into whilst uninsured, for which i haven't received a cent:

if you want to know the sordid story, go here:
---> http://aussieexotics.com/forum/index.php?topic=377.0

basically, i'm still an idiot in love with the X1/9. :rolleyes:

next week i take delivery of yet another X, purchase price $3500. i'm actually all giddy inside thinking about it. :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

but, while we're labelling things.. nice hairdressers car ash...
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

Hz-Lab wrote:however.. to someone who doesnt have the passion for the whole exotic thing in general, as you don't have the passion in the aussie family sedan, A lot of them will look the same. it comes down to a lack of interest i guess, i mean anyone who has an interest in anything knows a bit more and is more passionate than those who arne't.
yeah i do know what you mean, my gf has absolutely no interest in cars. in fact the best car she's been in would be one of those silver service taxis which are like a caprice or statesman or something... she's been offered rides in lambos etc but truly doesn't care, however even she can tell the difference between ferrari, lambo, porsche, etc. point is, family cars look a lot more similar between manufacturers than exotics.
Hz-Lab wrote:As for passing people off with such cars as "rich pratts", how is that different than passing people off with commodores and Falcons as "bogans".

We all love cars, we all love different cars. We can co-exist without slander...

When saying that us cab drivers don't slag off the exotics, i was purely refering to here on ARSE. i have no doubt there are abnoxious wankers in other places that just love to rain on peoples parades with their bullshit. Its always bound to happen, and especially on such a topic that can easily breed such resentment and jealousy.
the funniest thing is when a guy in a Silvia pulls up next to you, takes off hard at the lights, you pull up at the next lights and they're like "how's it feel to get beat by a car that costs 1/10th of yours? biatch" :p people talk to you as if you've never had a car anything less than a Lambo, when most of these blokes have (or used to) regular cars stashed away that they drive at other times.
Hz-Lab wrote:What i was mainly gettin at, was that it would be nice just once for someone to talk Holden and Commodores on here without someone jumping in and sticking in there "cabby" or "Bogan" comments... just once...
heh sorry, can't promise anything!!! :D
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

Hz-Lab wrote:but, while we're labelling things.. nice hairdressers car ash...
thanks! i loved it.

here's a compilation vid of the good times:

---> http://aussieexotics.com/forum/index.ph ... 54#msg3254

or ---> http://www.lulu.tv/?p=11777
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

ashsimmonds wrote: the funniest thing is when a guy in a Silvia pulls up next to you, takes off hard at the lights, you pull up at the next lights and they're like "how's it feel to get beat by a car that costs 1/10th of yours? biatch" :p people talk to you as if you've never had a car anything less than a Lambo, when most of these blokes have (or used to) regular cars stashed away that they drive at other times.
I reckon its just funny in general when someone tries to run you at the lights and u dont respond.. but they gun it and laugh at you at the next lot of lights.. it's like "Dude Fuck!! i didnt even run you u twat!!!" haha.. then let them do it for 3 or 4 lights, eventually give in and run em. and just leave em for dust.. ha.

Reminds me, my mate had a XD that was something crazy, it had a built for drag donk in it, that was in the car when he bought it that was insane. however on the outside it looked horrid, dents and rustholes everywhere, faded paint and the interier roof lining was falling down. We had a guy in a Porsche pull up along side us at a set of lights once, he looked over and laughed and then gave a rev.. my mate just gave a little rev back and bang, we were away, my mate just sat a little behind the porsche for 2 sets of lights. both times the guy was laughing and reving.. 3rd set of lights, my mate gave it a propper rev, the guy in the porsche stopped laughing, and looked a little more serious.. Lights went green, he gunned it, my mate gave him a little jump and then slammed it down, passed the porsche with the ass end a good metre to the right of the front end.. ate the fucker up. My mate let him fucking have it the next set of lights..

For the record, this guy in the porsche was a wanker..lol. and fit all stereotypical moulds of yuppy, slicked back hair, designer glasses.. tool.. shut him up tho.. lol
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

haha. well, above particular story of mine may not have happened, well, by that i mean i should say didn't. :\ i think i'm drunkenly transposing internet posts with many minor realities. :)

for what it's worth most folk are really positive and happy to see an exotic and interact with the occupants, for that i give an unexpected thumbs-up. i'm only an occasional pax but we've never had any real problems from anyone.

i remember a couple years ago there was this guy in a 90's commode-door with neons and xmas lights with plates [ INDLEAD ] who just WOULD NOT let us (a group of half dozen exotics) overtake him at like 630am on an outer outer suburb (elizabeth or something) road. that was pretty funny, i googled his plate later that day and found lots of links to a now-dead forum of commodore burnout buddies, i can't remember the name but they were infamous a couple years ago for publicly posting pics and vids of them doing wanker stuff on suburban streets.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

to get back on track.. coming from a Ford Fan... nice Mazda6 boys....
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

matticooper wrote:to get back on track.. coming from a Ford Fan... nice Mazda6 boys....
LOL :D