When do you use the parking lights?

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
J_luo88

When do you use the parking lights?

Post by J_luo88 »

I've been thinking about this for a while now and i still have no definite answer on when and why some drivers use their parking lights.

Typically, if it's getting a bit dark, i just turn the low beams on or if i'm driving interstate, i'll have my low beams on as well regardless of the time of day.

Just wondering what use there is for these 'parking' lights?
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

I dont think I've ever used my parkers.
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
fp

Post by fp »

I only use them for, believe it or not, parking.
The reflection of the light gives me a very good indication of just how close to the wall I am.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
avaran

Post by avaran »

I use it for parking, or pulling into someones driveway at night, so as to night shine light into their house windows.
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

I use them whenever I replace the trim around the dash. Who the fk thought of putting a parkers button there anyway...
steve_w05

Post by steve_w05 »

I use them as intended. if parking the car on the side of the road for a short period of time, of a night. Like when going to a shop/deli whatever that doesn't have off street parking. just allows other road users to know there is a vehicle there
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

fp wrote:I only use them for, believe it or not, parking.
The reflection of the light gives me a very good indication of just how close to the wall I am.
I've found that they're not bright enough and that i just flick them onto low beam to see how close i'm getting.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I never use them, I leave my lights on auto so if it's dark they're on, if not they're off.

Could be a laziness thing.
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

I use them when I go parking. They're signalling "Hey! Look at me, I'm getting some action!" :lol: