In-Race changes

LFS chat
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

In-Race changes

Post by Fandango »

So i've been on the couch all arvo watchin V8's listenin to em makin rollbar changes etc. and it makes me wanna finally get off my lazy arse and learn how to do it in LFS.

As as far as I'm aware you can make rollbar changes in-race... if so how do you do it? I know you can adjust brake bias aswell? are these changes able to be allocated to a key?

Also I know you can make changes to whats done in the pits... what's changed and wether or not you want damage repaired... how do you do this?

I'm sure this info would be available somewhere but like I said I'm lazy lol.

Any info (step by step instructions for the laman lol) would be much appreciated :D
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Shaun

Re: In-Race changes

Post by Shaun »

press F11, they are in there, only on the race cars though. you used to be able to do it on all cars but not since patch y
Hello :aussie:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well before Patch Y you could adjust the ARB's & Brake Bias on any car in LFS "live on the fly", via the F11 window.
However since Patch Y you can only adjust these setting "live" in most or all of the Race Cars (GTR, Openwheeler), standard cars have to be adjusted within the pit garage, makes it more real which I like.

As for what the ARB's do and how best to adjust them you can have a look at these:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Basic_Setup_Guide (also here: http://www.cyber-racing.org/website/ind ... &Itemid=59 )
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Advanced_Setup_Guide
N.B. just bear in mind that many new LFS patches have been released since these guides were written but the principle is the same.

I find it surprising that you haven't tried adjusting these before, I do it quite a lot especially for the longer races as the handling can change as the fuel load lightens & tyres wear. Best thing to do is just have a play around once you have the concept of their use in your head. Good Luck :)
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Fandango wrote:As as far as I'm aware you can make rollbar changes in-race... if so how do you do it? I know you can adjust brake bias aswell? are these changes able to be allocated to a key?
From memory, Press 11. Its only applies to some cars now such as GTR & Single Seaters.
Fandango wrote:Also I know you can make changes to whats done in the pits... what's changed and wether or not you want damage repaired... how do you do this?
Press 12. Then using the arrow keys to select different settings and values.

*edit*

In the few seconds it took me to quote and type... people had already replied :D
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

Hey Fandango,

Yeah it depends what car your in.. I think open wheelers and GTRs you can make live adjustments like everyone else said F11. So press F11 then press up,down to select what you want to be adjusted. then left and right keyboard arrows to change it.

I only mess with the front antiroll setting if i need to play with it. for example..
If rear tyres get hot and the rear starts sliding and over steering i raise the front antiroll in "5's" intervals untill it comes good again but if the tyres start to cool again you will most likely need to lower it again. The opposite applys if you fronts get hot and you have no turn in/understeer lower front antiroll.
If the front tyres get hot i tend to lower the brake bias aswell to stop understeer on turn in (get the rear of the car to help with the turn in).

I remember once i had bad damage in a race which made me have really bad oversteer i cranked the front antiroll right up and it was like a new car again :)
Hope this helps mate
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i dont think you cna in the FBM and the FOX
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Yeah just be careful throwing one anti roll bar forward and keeping the other one the same, you can cause more tyre wear that way and the balance of the car changes drastically, ie bumps, if there is no anti roll bar the suspension will act more independently, however if you have stiff ARB's then they will act like a steel gurder between two wheels, so keep that in mind.

As for my personal preference, i do not change them much during the race unless the steering gets very bad. The setups i use must work at optimal tyre temps rather than poor tyre temps.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Awesome... cheers guys. That's all i needed. I knew there was a way but I've never been ARSE'd finding out till now I suppose lol. I'll never use it either unless the car feels much better as I go... I'd need to test it with the different fuel loads etc. in practice... which I never manage to get much of anymnore haha.

Cheers All ;)
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........