No traction control BF1

LFS chat
Sambo
Horse
Horse

No traction control BF1

Post by Sambo »

Has anyone tried this?

You need to change the set quite a bit, and ive spent some time making one to adapt to not using tc. But after you get used to it, the BF1 drives (in my opinion) sooo much better than with TC.
a good track to try is aston historic its a really good challenge to keep it on the road and minimize lap times.

Rep and I have been giving this a shot quite a lot recently, trying to get as close as possible to the WR's.

Try this set if you are interested.
Setup

Here is a hotlap i did without TC if you want too see what its like before trying it

Hotlap
ReppohC

Re: No traction control BF1

Post by ReppohC »

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Good times!
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

you can now upload setups and replays etc as attachments if you want. Mmmm, it appears the LFS files haven't been allowed for yet.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

LFS files are now uploadable as attachments. They are .mpr, .spr, .set, .lyt. 1meg max file size.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Thanks heaps woodsy :) Much appreciated.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Gees Sambo you can't even string 2 laps together :P

Na seriously, congrats on the time. I wonder how many ppl outside of AUS will realise it was done with no TC..
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

w00dsy wrote:LFS files are now uploadable as attachments. They are .mpr, .spr, .set, .lyt. 1meg max file size.
I tried to upload a setup last night and it said that the file extension was not recongised.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

which forum Giz? I think they have been allowed for this forum, but not private forums yet.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

That would be why. It was the privet AR forum.
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Nice, will give this a shot tonight. I want to run without TC in the MNR if possible. :)
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

The set needs more tweaking, the Wr is now a good 2 seconds faster. Most of it in the middle sector, which is relatively easy to fix (there is about a second and a bit differential). This is much easier to do in rFactor, the car seems to respond well to having no TC... in LFS you get quite an alarming amount of wheelspin in most gears and the tyres do not like it at all, r3's are gone in 3 laps if your not careful and r4's just dont provide the grip necessary. For the moment i dont have time to test it, but i would think about taking a considerable amount of steering lock off so to make it easier for corner exits. Simply, its just too lairy atm.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Sambo wrote:The set needs more tweaking, the Wr is now a good 2 seconds faster. Most of it in the middle sector, which is relatively easy to fix (there is about a second and a bit differential). This is much easier to do in rFactor, the car seems to respond well to having no TC... in LFS you get quite an alarming amount of wheelspin in most gears and the tyres do not like it at all, r3's are gone in 3 laps if your not careful and r4's just dont provide the grip necessary. For the moment i dont have time to test it, but i would think about taking a considerable amount of steering lock off so to make it easier for corner exits. Simply, its just too lairy atm.
Interesting. The cars do have phenominal amounts of mechanical grip. I wonder how much the rear suspension geometry and engine mapping was changed to cope without TC? The cars were flat shifting before they had exited T16 last weekend so even a gear change in a corner wasn't able to upset them under full throttle in some conditions.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

That's right!!! I completely forgot this season's F1 is traction-control-less. Nearly finished downloading Melbourne...
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Exar Kun wrote:
Sambo wrote:The set needs more tweaking, the Wr is now a good 2 seconds faster. Most of it in the middle sector, which is relatively easy to fix (there is about a second and a bit differential). This is much easier to do in rFactor, the car seems to respond well to having no TC... in LFS you get quite an alarming amount of wheelspin in most gears and the tyres do not like it at all, r3's are gone in 3 laps if your not careful and r4's just dont provide the grip necessary. For the moment i dont have time to test it, but i would think about taking a considerable amount of steering lock off so to make it easier for corner exits. Simply, its just too lairy atm.
Interesting. The cars do have phenominal amounts of mechanical grip. I wonder how much the rear suspension geometry and engine mapping was changed to cope without TC? The cars were flat shifting before they had exited T16 last weekend so even a gear change in a corner wasn't able to upset them under full throttle in some conditions.
Ive been thinking the same thing, i guess the main thing is the F1 cars have live differentials constantly controlling the amount of lock on the rear wheels. But also, the gearing may have changed as the amount of torque available is proportional to the gear ratio of the selected gear. So you can alter the gear ratios to give less torque out of the corners in order to get more traction.

However, if you do this in LFS you simply cant downshift like they would in real life, the engine just locks the drivetrain and you spin. The other thing about modern F1 cars is the rear, when the car is stationary, is very high compared to the front. so in the slow corners where traction is key the suspension travel of the rear is at its greatest and when its at speed the travel is lowest, hence provides stability in both cases. Which brings me to the next thing about LFS, there is no underfloor aero, well at least its not apparent as changing ride heights doesnt seem change the amount of downforce, so again you lose there. Most of all is the grip of LFS's tyres, its shocking.. I bet if you put the f1 slicks on a GTT it would still spin the wheels quite easily which is crazy considering they are race slicks with 40cm cross sections..they should grip like there is no tomorrow. This just brings back the argument of rfactor + lfs = the best driving sim?